Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good Things Come in Threes

The Knitting Olympics were successful! Although I'm not sure that I quite followed the rules on "challenging enough," I did indeed finish my scarf within the time-limits. Admist pressure to instead work on my senior education portfolio due the next day, I finished the last eight inches of the scarf and cast off on sunday afternoon. The second half of Prairie Home Companion and Thistle and Shamrock accompanied me as my fingers flurried to the finish. I would have preferred to finish while watching the USA/Canada hockey game, but alas, we do not have a TV in the apartment and Jenne never got me her cable info.



The scarf measures in around five feet long and used approximately half a skein of cream while barely denting the skeins of the six colors used for cables. Although it wasn't quite the challenge I expected to do color cables, it was a challenge to finish during the two weeks of the Olympics. Having a portfolio due the next day as well as the project not being transportable with me to the Student Center to watch said Olympics greatly reduced the amount of time available to work on the scarf. So do cooking up yumminess like this red curry:



Recipe is a knock-off of a friends; basically I can't quite remember how she made hers, but mine tastes yummy and that's what truly matters, right? Ingredients are as follows:

1 onion
3 cloves garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes
to taste:
curry powder
coriander
cumin
tumeric
salt

And just what does this yumminess fuel? Well, it fuels my feet as I run in what I now dub my new best friends.



And I'm taking it as a good omen that after my first run in my brand, spankin' new shoes that the distance registered on the treadmill was 3.14 miles. :D

No comments: