Friday, March 26, 2010

How many digits can you name?

March 14 was Pi Day, and as such, I decided that it would be appropriate for me to bake a pie. Armed with my mom's copy of Joy of Cooking (must buy me a copy of that some day) and a quart of her frozen raspberries from last summer, I tackled the project. I also included one mango for some extra jazz. It turned out rather nice, don't you think?



I managed to make it back to Union with another quart of raspberries, although they have a different form. While they started out frozen in Idaho, due to an unexpected overnight layover in Denver and a Double Tree hotel with no fridge or freezer, it was a somewhat dubious TSA agent that let me through security Monday morning with a rather juicy bag of raspberries. And I quote: "They're so liquidy...."