Monday, December 10, 2007

Eye Update

Woohoo! Look, look! It's another post by Joni! ¡Que guay! Yeah, sorry about the absence.

So for those wondering about my health, my eye has managed to heal quite nicely. While we were in Barcelona, we went in for a quite expensive (think 130€ -ish) ER visit. The nice doctor took off the stitches, informing me that in Spain they're known as "puntos americanos," swabbed the area with iodine, wrote a prescription, and informed me that i was good to go.

The iodine's the main reason that my eye looks so pretty in these pics. And yes Spain is still addicted to iodine for just about every injury. They haven't quite gotten to the antibiotic cream yet.

And a week or so later, my eye looked like this.

Currently you can't see the scar unless you look for it, but it still hurts just a teeny, tiny bit if you press on it. No complaints from this side of town.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

hehe, you have stringys hanging from your eyelash. thats good that it didnt really scar - or at least is so small you cant see it. btw, such pretty eyes! like a blue-gray-green rainbow in the sun. i wish i had eyes like those.... ;)

Evan said...

Joni, I think you should carry on using iodine under your eyes ;) Glad that its better. Have a great Christmas! its snowing today and they canceled school for the morning cause of ice.

Leise said...

Heyy, lookin' good!

I am glad your eye is better and there isn't much of a scar. Sorry about the absence of commenting, it's has been crazy. Right now I am in G'ma and G'pa's basement pirating someone's wireless :D. Anyways, I hope you had a really fun Christmas! I miss you!

♥Your Favourite Cousin